Okay, so we've been ignoring this part of the process. I guess to actually call yourself a blogger you have to write something. Well I thought I would update our blog after a two month hiatus(sp?).
We've both been super busy lately. Michelle is still working as an Adjunct Professor as well as Church Organist and Pianist. She is also subbing part time now. I've been Working at school and working part time at the restaurant (more than usual) as we plan for a short two day trip into Amish Country on February 22nd.
I just got back from the Ohio eTech Conference in Columbus which was really AMAZING! This is my second year going and the people, connections, presenters, and keynote speakers are always really good. I've met some folks from Forest Hill Public Schools in Cincinnati who are working on getting tablet PC's for their district. These tools look very useful and I am interested in getting one for myself to try it out. They would really be good for my students. Extremely flexible and might help to make my class a "paperless classroom"! That would be a miracle...
The keynote speakers were fantastic! From Ray Ballard (world famous oceanographer - he found the Titanic) to Ray Kurzweil (extremely famous for optical scanning technology) to the CEO of PBS, Paul Kerger, with whom I spoke to about getting more multimedia resources for the Physical Sciences; they were all phenomenal.
I'm hoping to get down next year again... If you would like to see more of what happened, check out the website below. Well, not to cut and run but I'm off!
eTech Ohio Conference - February 2008
Saturday, February 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment